THE 2020 TOURING PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
$2,000 GUARANTEED 1st PLACE SCHOLARSHIP, PER DIVISION!
FORMAT: (two divisions, scratch and handicap. The U17, Elite, and Girls Scratch TPC events run simultaneously.)
Thursday July 23: (all Thursday events are open to anyone 21 & under, not just TPC qualifiers!)
Noon: Optional sweeper competition, squad 1, lane condition #1 (Entry only $20 per squad- enter
2 PM: Optional sweeper competition, squad 2, lane condition #1 one or both- any ‘junior’ can bowl)
4 PM: Optional sweeper competition, squad 3, lane condition #1
6 PM: Optional sweeper competition, squad 4, lane condition #1
8 PM: Optional sweeper competition, squad 5, lane condition #1
Friday July 24: (all Friday events are open to anyone 21 & under, not just TPC qualifiers!)
- Noon: Optional sweeper competition, squad 1, lane condition #2 (Entry only $20 per squad- enter
- 2 PM: Optional sweeper competition, squad 2, lane condition #2 one or all- any ‘junior’ can bowl)
- 4 PM: Optional sweeper competition, squad 3, lane condition #2
- 6:30 PM: Optional TOP DAWG eliminator tournament , lane condition #3 (separate prize funds for each day & Top Dawg)
Saturday July 25:
- 9 AM: All bowlers roll 5 games across 10 lanes, lane condition #1
- 2 PM: All bowlers roll 5 games across 10 lanes, lane condition #2
o The top 60% of the field, plus the top 12 all-conference point leaders, 2020 Bowlers of the Year, & 2019 Desert Open champs, if eligible, advance to the quarterfinals (9 AM Sunday).
- 7 PM: Awards Banquet, location TBA (see reverse for details on this amazing night, doors at 7, dinner at 8)
Sunday July 26:
- 9 AM: “Consolation”: Bowl 4 games. Top 5 scores earn scholarships, lane condition #3
- 9 AM: Quarterfinals: 5 games matchplay, 30 pin bonus for wins, lane condition #3
o The top twelve 15-game totals in each division advance to the semifinals.
- 1 PM: Semifinals: 8 games matchplay, 30 pin bonus for wins, lane condition #4
- 4 PM: Top four 23-game totals advance to stepladder finals, lane condition #4
ENTRY FEE ONLY: $100 CHAMPION: $2,000
3rd place: $ 500 7th place: $175
4th place: $ 400 8th place: $150
5th place: $ 300 9th place: $125
10th- 15th places: $100
TPC CELEBRATION DINNER
at TBA, Saturday July 25, doors at 7, program begins at 7:30, dinner at 8
$25 per person by 7/1/20; Limited to 180 people, reserve early!
Includes a wonderful buffet, year-end awards, our famous entertainment, and more!
Semi-formal dress encouraged for the bowlers- this will be a highlight of your JBT year!
2020 TOURING PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP- RULES
· All bowlers age 21 and under as of 8/1/19 may bowl the Thursday and Friday events, but the TPC itself is open to the following bowlers:
· Bowlers who finish in the top 20 (plus ties) of an Individual Conference’s point list after the Invitationals.
· Bowlers who finish on the top 100 (plus ties) of the All-Conference points list as of the final Invitational.
- All bowlers must bowl the Saturday qualifying round, including bowlers who earned an ‘exemption’ by finishing in the top 12 (plus ties) of the All-Conference point list as of 7/1/20. Exempt bowlers missing the cut to Sunday’s bowling will still qualify for Sunday, and begin with total pinfall equal to the cut score.
· There are two divisions, scratch and handicap. Bowlers can choose to compete in either division. Handicap division bowlers receive 90% of 200 in all rounds.
· The entry fee is $100. $2,000 is the guaranteed first place scholarship prize per division.
· Any eligible bowler may bowl, though prepayment and/or notification of plans to enter will help us run an efficient tournament.
· · DRESS / BEHAVIOR: COLLARED SHIRTS OR BOWLING T-SHIRTS, AND EITHER SLACKS OR SHORTS OF A KHAKI MATERIAL, OR NEAT, LONG JEANS, ARE REQUIRED. Skirts / skorts are acceptable. No hats, tank tops, or clothing deemed offensive by the tournament director are allowed. Bowlers not conforming to dress code will not be allowed to bowl the semifinal round, without exception. There is to be no smoking during the tournament on or behind tournament lanes. Bowlers may not smoke or drink during competition. ANY DISPLAY OF FOUL LANGUAGE OR ABUSING EQUIPMENT will result in 1) warning, and/ or 2) penalization of JBT points, and/or 3)disqualification, subject to the sole discretion of the tournament directors. See our expanded rules sheet or any JBT official for more on this policy. Yes, we’ll even disqualify you at the TPC. Dress code will be strictly enforced.
· AVERAGES: Bowlers will use their finishing 19-20 JBT average, 30+ games. Bowlers with less than 30 games must use 200 or bowl scratch. Tournament management reserves all rights to further re-rate averages as deemed fit prior to the start of the event per JBT rule 13
· All rules not specifically covered will follow the JBT / USBC rulebook. The tournament director reserves all rights. Expanded rules are available at all JBT sites, and on the website.
HOTEL INFO: Book rooms at Sunset Station at 888-786-7389, or online at www.sunsetstation/sclv.com/hotel, code TBA
TO RESERVE SPOTS FOR THE TPC, SIMPLY EMAIL US AT DIRECTOR@BOWLJBT.COM, OR FILL OUT FORM BELOW completely, checks made payable to JBT, PO BOX 20011, SEATTLE WA 98102. Prepayment on our website, as always, is also available. Visit www.bowljbt.com often for updates and everything else related to each event, and the JBT as a whole. See you soon!
IF YOU ARE COMING OR NOT, WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO RSVP YOUR PLANS TO US SO WE CAN PREPARE AS BEST AS POSSIBLE, MAKING THE BEST TOURNAMENT FOR YOU POSSIBLE. THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!
Email address(es): _________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am bowling:
_____ Thurs. Noon sweeper ($20) _______ 2 PM sweeper ($20) _______ 4 PM sweeper ($20); ________. 6 PM sweeper ($20) _______ 8 PM sweeper ($20)
_____ Fri. Noon sweeper ($20); ________ 2 PM sweeper ($20); _______ 4 PM sweeper ($20); _______ 6:30 PM Top Dawg ($20)
_____ the TPC ($100) ______ banquet spots, $25 each
( You can always add/subtract events at the tournament site, as space permits )