CLICK HERE TO SKIP DOWN TO THE PART YOU SEND IN!
Below is all the information on the Main Event flyer. If you would like the actual flyer sent to you, or a pack of flyers to distribute, email us at email@example.com, and we'll get them right out!
THE 2009 LAS VEGAS MAIN EVENT:
"THE UNDER-22 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP"
A national scholarship tournament for ALL bowlers age 21 or under (as of 8/28/09)
December 24-28, 2008 at Texas Station Bowling Center
2101 Texas Star Lane, North Las Vegas NV, 89032, (702) 631-1000
presented by our title sponsor Ebonite International
SINGLES- DOUBLES- TEAM- ALL-EVENTS!
GUARANTEED MINIMUM SCHOLARSHIP PRIZES:
Open Scratch Singles: Girls Scratch Singles: Handicap Singles: Scratch Doubles:
1st- $5,000 1st- $1,500 1st- $2,000 1st- $1,000 / team
2nd- $3,000 2nd- $1,000 2nd- $1,500 Handicap Double:
3rd- $2,000 3rd- $750 3rd- $1,000 1st- $1,000 / team
4th- $1,500 4th- $600 4th- $900 Scratch Team:
5th- $1,000 5th- $500 5th- $800 1st- $500 / team
24th- $100 10th- $100 18th- $100 Handicap Team:
1st- $500 / team
Singles: $100 (scratch) or $80 (handicap)- enter before July 15 (postmark) for $80 (scratch) and $60 (handicap)!!!
Doubles: $40 per team
4-person Team: $80 per team
Pre-Paid re-entry (max 1) in all 3 singles divisions: $60
Unlimited re-Entries allowed in Doubles
Singles (all divisions):
- Bowl 8 games qualifying across 16 lanes in any of sevensquads
- A MAXIMUM of one re-entry is allowed; your highest 8-game total counts
- The top 60 Open Scratch, top 30 Girls Scratch, top 60 Handicap 8-game totals advance to semifinals
- Semifinalists (December 28th, 9 AM) bowl six games of matchplay
- The top 16 Open Scratch, top 16 Handicap, and top 8 Girls Scratch bowlers advance to the finals.
- Finalists (December 28th, approx. 2 PM) bowl a unique stepladder finals to determine our winners!
Doubles (both divisions):
- Bowl 3 team games on the same pair of lanes in any of seven squad times
- The top 1:6 teams receive scholarships!
- Unlimited re-entries are allowed on-site as space permits
Team (both divisions):
- One squad, 12/27, 8 PM
- Bowl 3 team games on the same pair of lanes
- The top 1:8 teams receive scholarships
December 24: 3 PM
December 25: 2 PM
December 26: 9 AM, 2 PM, 7PM
December 27: 9 AM, 2 PM
December 24: 3 PM, 6 PM
December 25: 2 PM
December 26: 9 AM, 12 PM, (oil), 3 PM, 6 PM, (oil), 9 PM
December 27: 9 AM, (oil), 2 PM
December 27: 7 PM
Junior Gold Qualifier:
December 26, 9 PM
December 28: 9 AM
Singles Stepladder Finals:
December 28: 2 PM (approx.)
PLUS ALL THESE GREAT EXTRAS:
- Optional Singles Brackets!
- Ebonite Staff on site all tournament long!
- Ebonite Ball Raffles all tournament long!
- Videotaped title matches!
- Great JBT / Main Event merchandise available!
- much, much, much more!!!
Over $230,000 has been awarded to bowlers of all ages and averages the last five Main Events- enter early, spread the word, and get in on the fun!!!
2009 LAS VEGAS MAIN EVENT RULES- please read carefully!
1. This tournament is open to any bowler age 21 or under as of August 28, 2009. Please bring proof of birthday with you if you look over 13 (heh heh). All prizes are awarded as scholarships subject to claiming per JBT scholarship fund rules, regardless of the bowler's status as 'adult' or 'youth'.
2. Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Field size is limited in each qualifying squad and varies from squad to squad.
3. Entry fee: The entry fee is $100 in Open and Girls Scratch Singles ($30 linage, $61 prizes and awards, $9 expenses). The entry fee in Handicap Singles is $80 ($30 linage, $41 prizes and awards, $9 expenses). Singles re-entries in all divisions are $60 ($20 linage, $40 prizes and awards, $0 expenses). Doubles entry fees are $40 per team ($13.50 linage, $25 awards, $1.50 expenses). Team entry fee is $80 per team ($30 linage, $50 awards). All-events entry fee is $20 (all prize fund) . Awards fees returned 100%. Full entry fees must accompany your entry form to guarantee your entry. You may also prepay for your one singles re-entry squad, which is the only way to guarantee that re-entry.
4. Walk-in entries (first time or re-entry) ARE permitted until each squad’s starting time as space permits. One re-entry maximum is permitted in singles. Unlimited re-entries are permitted in Doubles as space permits. Walk-ins and re-entrants are considered equal as far as priority after one hour before squad time. Squads are expected to sell out in advance, especially in doubles, so we recommend mailing your completed entry form as soon as possible. We strongly encourage handicap bowlers to send in payment prior to sending in your average verification, so that you may reserve your squad choice. Average verification (see rule 14) may later be sent by fax to 1-602-795-8331, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Prepaid bowlers MUST check in at least 30 minutes prior to squad starting time, or risk losing their spot to wait-listed bowlers. Check in will begin in most cases 90 minutes before squad time.
6. Personal checks from non-JBT members are only accepted until December 5, 2009. Entries postmarked after that time, or walk-ins, must be paid by cash or bank check. Returned checks are subject to a $30.00 fee. Please do not mail any entries postmarked after December 15, to ensure we receive it; instead, just email us and let us know you’re coming, and pay on-site.
7. There are three singles and all-events divisions: Open Scratch (boys/girls may compete), Girls’ Scratch, and Handicap (boys or girls). There are two doubles and team divisions, Scratch and Handicap. Handicap is 90% of difference between bowlers’ average and 200 in singles, 90% of 400 in doubles, and 90% of 800 in team. Bowlers may only compete in one division in singles. Doubles and Team teams may be any combination of junior bowlers, but team average may not be greater than 399 in handicap doubles, and 799 in team handicap.
8. CONFIRMATION IS AUTOMATIC. Unless you hear from us, your entry has been accepted for the squad(s) you requested. Confirmed entries will also be posted on our website, www.bowljbt.com, which we encourage you to visit often. Please make sure to provide your email addresses for periodic Main Event email updates prior to and after the tournament- yours, your parents, anyone!
9a. Singles Format:
Qualifying: Bowlers in all divisions will roll 8 games across sixteen lanes in the qualifying round. Bowlers who re-enter will use their highest 8-game score. The top 60 Open Scratch, top 30 Girls Scratch, and top 60 Handicap bowlers will qualify for the semifinals.
Semifinals: Bowlers will roll 6 additional games of matchplay. Bowlers receive a 30 pin bonus for each win, and 15 for each tie. All scores from qualifying carry forward. The top 16 scores in Open Scratch and Handicap, and the top 8 scores in Girls Scratch after the semifinals advance to the finals.
Finals: In our modified stepladder, bowlers roll one-game elimination matches. In round one the #10,12,14, and 16 seeds all play each other with the winner advancing, and the #9,11,13, and 15 seed all playing, with the winner advancing. The winners play the #5 and 7 and #6 and 8 seeds respectively in round two. The winners play the #3 and 4 seeds in round three. The winners play the #1 and 2 seeds in round four, and the winners play the title match (round one is not played in girls scratch).
9b. Doubles Format:
All teams roll 3 team games on the same pair of lanes. This is a “beat the board” event; the highest 3 game doubles total after the final squad is the winner, with 1:8 teams receiving a scholarship prize. Unlimited re-entries and 'cashes' are allowed, with the same or different partners, space-permitting, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
9c. Team Format:
There is one squad, Dec. 27th at 7 PM. 4-person teams roll 3 team games on the same pair of lanes. The highest scoring teams per division, on a 1:6 ratio earn scholarship prizes.
9d. All-Events Format:
Entry fee ($20) must be paid before your first singles squad. Your first singles, doubles, and team individual scores will make up your 14-game all-events total, with the top 1:8 all-events totals winning scholarship prizes based on entries.
10. Ties: Ties for the final semifinal spot will be broken by a one game rolloff at 8 AM Dec. 28. Ties for the final spot in the finals will be broken by a two-frame rolloff. Ties in the finals will be broken by a one ball rolloff in scratch divisions and a two frame rolloff in the handicap division. Ties for final positions 17 and above (9 and above in Girls Scratch) will split any position prize money.
11. Attire: Bowlers are requested to wear slacks (slacks or skirts / skorts for girls), and a collared shirt. “Name shirts” or shirts promoting your local leagues / tournaments are encouraged. Shorts are acceptable, provided they are of a khaki material. No hats, t-shirts or sleeveless shirts, ripped or torn clothing, or clothing promoting alcohol, tobacco, or drugs may be worn. “Mock-turtlenecks” are okay. Directors’ decisions are final- if you’re not sure, don’t wear it!
12. Discipline: Proper behavior is demanded of all bowlers and also requested of all spectators. Any abuse of bowling center equipment, audible obscenity, or other unbecoming conduct will result in 1) warning and/or 2) disqualification, subject to the sole discretion of tournament management. You may not get caught every time, but if you test us, you’ll get caught eventually. Parents are expected to set a good example and abide by the same rules. For questions on the JBT behavior policy, visit www.bowljbt.com or see any official.
13. Scholarships: Scholarships will be awarded to at least 1:10 entrants in each singles division based on final standings. Minimum amounts in each division are indicated on reverse. Final results and scholarship information will be mailed to all participants no later than January 31, 2010. Unofficial results will be posted on the website by January 9, 2010. Scholarships are awarded by the JBT Scholarship Fund. Claiming rules, forms, and information may be found on www.bowljbt.com.
14. Averages: Handicap division bowlers must submit 1) their JBT average as of November 15, 2009; if none, 2) their HIGHEST 2009-10 average of 21 games or more, as of November 15, 2009, including any traveling leagues / tours, or non-USBC certified leagues. Bowlers with less than 21 games as of 11/15 must submit their average from the week they reach 21 games in 09-10 league/tour play. Bowlers who do not reach 21 games by 12/24/09 will have their current 09-10 average split with 200. Bowlers submitting ‘sport’ or ‘PBA Experience’ averages MUST report that the average they are stating is such, and are subject to re-rating prior to event start. If you mail your entry early, be sure to bring proof with you, or fax to us at 1-602-795-8331 by 12/18. Any average discovered to be incorrect, inadvertently or not, will result in that bowlers’ disqualification, forfeiture of all scholarships earned at the event, and suspension from future JBT events, subject to the sole discretion of tournament management. Bowlers who do not provide average proof will not be able to bowl in the semifinal or final rounds.
15. Rules not covered herein will be subject to 1) JBT / then 2) USBC rulebooks. Tournament management reserves all rights regarding the operation of this event.
HOTEL INFORMATION: Texas Station Hotel is offering special rates to bowlers of the Main Event. You must book rooms by December 8 for these rates. Call 1-800-654-8888 and tell them your group is the Junior Bowlers Tour. Rooms sold out VERY early last year (it's only a 200-room hotel)- please book as soon as possible! Rates are $30 for 12/24, $75 for 12/25, $60 for 12/26, and $30 for 12/27-28.
If rooms are sold out, or you'd like other choices- Fiesta Rancho is literally next door, owned by the same company, and usually offers slightly lower rates. Of course, you're within 5 minutes of the north end of the "Strip", and within 20 minutes in good traffic of most any hotel in Vegas. Be sure to try travel search engines like www.jbttravel.com as they usually have the best deals available. See the "FAQ" page of the Main Event section for more on travel if you're new to Las Vegas.
Again, we encourage you to enter as soon as possible, as squads are expected to sell out. Plus, save $20 and enter by July 15! You can always just enter singles now, and enter other stuff later, etc... we're flexible! Let us know if you have any questions.
2009 LAS VEGAS MAIN EVENT ENTRY FORM – PLEASE PRINT NEATLY AND FILL OUT COMPLETELY!
(detach and mail completed entry with payment and average verification if applicable. Confirmed entrants will be posted on www.bowljbt.com)
Address__________________________________________________________ City__________________________ State________ ZIP____________
Year in school:_________________ AVERAGE (read rule 14 carefully!):_____________________ Is this a 'sport' average? ___________________
Email address(es): (print neatly, this is important!)__________________________________________________________________________________
SINGLES DIVISION (circle one):
OPEN SCRATCH ($100) or GIRLS SCRATCH ($100) or HANDICAP ($80)
3 PM Dec. 24th 7 PM Dec. 26th
2 PM Dec. 25th 9 AM Dec. 27th
9 AM Dec. 26th 2 PM Dec. 27th
2 PM Dec. 26th (re-oil before every squad)
SINGLES OPTIONAL RE-ENTRY ($60)
SQUAD CHOICE (circle one):
2 PM Dec. 25th 7 PM Dec. 26th
9 AM Dec. 26th 9 AM Dec. 27th
2 PM Dec 26th 2 PM Dec. 27th
DOUBLES DIVISION (circle one): SCRATCH ($40 per team) or HANDICAP ($40 per team)
DOUBLES PARTNER: _________________________________________________
DOUBLES SQUAD TIME (circle one): 3 PM Dec. 24th 3 PM Dec. 26th
6 PM Dec. 24th 6 PM Dec. 26th
2 PM Dec. 25th 9 PM Dec. 26th
(this is for your first doubles entry; 9 AM Dec. 26th 9 AM Dec. 27th
use additional paper for multiple entries) Noon Dec. 26th 2 PM Dec. 27th
(12/26 re-oil after 12 PM and 6 PM; 12/27 re-oil after 9 AM)
TEAM EVENT DIVISION (circle one): SCRATCH ($80 per team) or HANDICAP ($80 per team)
teammate 1: _________________________________________
teammate 2: _________________________________________
teammate 3: _________________________________________
(there is only one team squad, Dec. 27th, 7 PM)
My check includes (mark the amount paid for all that apply):
$__________ for Singles ($100 or $80) ($80 or $60 prior to 7/15)
$__________ for Singles Re-Entry ($60 if so)
$__________ for Doubles ($20 or other amount)
$ _________ for Team ($20 or other amount)
$ _________ for All-Events prize ($20)
$ _________ for the Junior Gold Qualifier 12/26, 9 PM ($40)
CLICK HERE TO PAY VIA CREDIT CARD
Entry fee must accompany this form. Make checks out to JBT / MAIN EVENT. Mail to: JBT/Main Event, PO Box 33574, Phoenix AZ 85067. For questions, visit the website, write to email@example.com, or call Jeff Hemer at (480) 748-9299.
SEE YOU SOON!
Again, please visit the website often between now and tourney time- it will keep you completely up to date as we prepare for the big week. If anything is unclear, or you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to email or call at any time. We can't wait to see you in December!!!